Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Fancies

It's always interesting when bloggers that I read regularly go through big life events, like getting married. It's fun to look at the photos they choose to share from those occasions. This week, I've been following the wedding posts over on Cupcakes and Cashmere. I think the wedding photography is absolutely amazing (check out some examples here, here, and here). I'm a big fan of a shallow depth of field in any kind of photography, but I've never seen it used in wedding pictures quite like it is in some of these. The effect is very cool, especially in the photos where blurred edges leave the bride and groom looking like miniature versions of themselves.


(another image with cool depth of field, via here)

Some other things worth checking out:

A nice article by Jay McInerney about The Great Gatsby. (So interesting to think about the British reception of the novel!)

I like the look of layering delicate bracelets.

For the treat of the week, it's a tie between these pretty, summery macarons and these cookie bowls.

And what do you think about this list of 30 books to read before you're 30? I've only made it through 15 of them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! It's really interesting to think about Gatsby's impact across the pond...especially as described by such a quintessentially New York writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes! I've only ready 5. i better get crackin'!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails