Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Fancies

Just a few book related finds to share this week:


(image via here)

Some interesting predictions from 1962 about what the book industry would be like in the 21st century. Some are pretty accurate, but some....well, let's just say that microfilm and speed reading haven't quite caught on as planned. 

One of my favorite Etsy artists has opened a new shop that pays tribute to late 80's/ early 90's book loving nostalgia. (Remember Scholastic book fairs and Pizza Hut's Book It program?) Very cute!

And my jaw dropped when I found out about The Literary Gift Company. I've barely scratched the surface of exploring what they have, but it seems like the place to find a little gift for a bibliophile.

6 comments:

  1. Your blog! It's heaven! Love it!!! :) Thanks for commenting on my post at English Muse. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "go away I'm ______" mugs at The Literary Gift Company. I could use the reading & writing one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your links, especially the Literary Gift Company. I love their literary map of England. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, what a find! I know where I'm shopping for gifts from now on!!

    Your new design is sooooooo lovely, Miss B!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great links this week! I love the prediction that our books will be 'smoother, faster and slicker' - that sounds like an e-reader to me!
    I see myself ordering some literary posters from the Literary Gift Company very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comment on my blog made me so happy!!!:) I'll join you , I think...

    You're a girl after my heart!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails