Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Might Like Zombies

I finally found a book about zombies that I liked. Not that I'm an expert in the genre. I've read exactly two other zombie books since they became one of the trendy topics in fiction- the boring and bland Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and World War Z, which I just couldn't get into. I wasn't really looking for another one when a freebie copy of Warm Bodies came my way.

In the world of this book, the zombies have no memories or feelings of their own, but can briefly experience those of the humans that they eat. When the main character, a zombie named R, eats a teenage boy, the memories he experiences cause him to start regaining his humanity. With moments of unexpectedly lovely writing, the story was well written with a good plot and interesting characters. It's a vivid book that left me with a new found appreciation for the zombie craze.

3 comments:

  1. This looks interesting. Someone in my book club picked 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' as our most recent read. I wasn't keen on reading it at all - and was vindicated when I found it just as you described it. Definitely prepared to try another book in the genre, though, and this sounds like a really intelligent Zombie read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with your assessment of P and P and Z! I thought I was the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to get this one for Caleb.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails